Topic Brainstorm

Ghost Stories:
Ghost stories are not something I would typically write about, but I think they can be very fun stories to read. I think it would be interesting to learn how to take what I like to read and learn to write about it in my own way. With fall and Halloween coming up this could be a fun topic to start learning more about and reading. I do not think I would focus on one specific type of ghost story but rather research many different ones and take my favorite aspects from those. I like that ghost stories do not always have to be creepy and scary but can sometimes be fun and light hearted. Take Casper for an example, I know it is not a myth/legend but still a fun ghost story.

Grimm:
I have been reading Grimm stories since I was a kid and I have always loved them. I love that there is still such a variety in the different types of stories. I like the idea of maybe mixing one of the more fairytale styled stories with another one maybe like the murder mystery. It would be like a plot twist ending to a more well known fairytale.

Legendary Creatures:
I have always found the idea of legendary creatures to be very fascinating. Never really knowing if they are real or not. Things such as Big Foot and Yeti, and the Loch Ness Monster. People believe they have seen these creatures and people risk their lives trying to prove their existence. I think writing a story about someone who runs into a legendary creature and lives to tell the tale would be fun. Except obviously no one believes that they actually saw it.

Tricksters:
I think stories involving tricksters can be some of the funniest of the stories. They are full of whit and humor. Often times it doesn't take much to figure out what is going on but the characters in the story can never seem to figure it out. I think this would be a good inspiration for my story because it is light hearted and fun. I think this would be a little more challenging for me to come up with but that isn't always a bad thing.

Loch Ness. Peter Coughlan, 2016. Flickr.

Comments