Time Strategies

I think time management is very important to understand and use. As someone who suffers from severe procrastination disorder it is a daily battle to use my time wisely. As I have gotten older I have gotten much better at time management and finding what works for me.
The first article I read was The Psychology of Checklists. I chose to read this one because I use a sticky note for about every little thing. I have found that writing things down not only in my planner but also as a checklist is the best way for me to accomplish everything. Typically I write everything down in my planner from school assignments to work to social events but, I write daily sticky note lists for that particular day as well. It keeps me very organized and on top of my work.
The second article I read was Time Management Tips Just for Creatives. There were a few interesting points in this article that I really liked. First, "work when you work best" is something really interesting to me. Sometimes I force myself to work at times of the day that are just not ideal for my personality. Finding the times in the day that your body has the most energy to work is very important. Second, "save the best for last", I am a big believer in this. I never want to end something on a bad note. Always find something good or something you enjoy to end your day with.
Clock. Alex, 2010. Flickr.

Comments