Wikipedia Trail: From River God To List of Natural Disasters

I started off by looking up River Gods on Wikipedia because of a story I read this week. This took me to the page of List of Water Deities where I found the area about China. I was not sure of the river god's name that I learned about this week, but remembered it had to do with the Yellow River in China so that was the next link I clicked on.
I was then taken to the Wikipedia page Yellow River. I had never heard of the Yellow River before but learned that it was one of the largest rivers in the world. It is also known to have severe flooding. While reading about the floods I read about the 1887 river flood which killed between 900,000 and 2 million people! So of course I then had to click on the link to take me to learn about that flood.
After being taken to the 1887 Yellow River Flood I realized there was not much on this page. It mentioned the number that was killed and that it was one of the deadliest natural disasters in history. Then I was intrigued about other natural disasters.
I clicked on the link to take me to List of Natural Disasters by Death Toll. Where I learned that the Yellow River flood is ranked number 2 in the top 10. I also learned that the top 3 are all in China! The top 10 are all caused by different things such as floods, earthquakes, cyclones, and tsunamis. The most recent being in 2004 (tsunami in Indian Ocean).

Map of Yellow River. Shannon, 2010. Web Source. 

Comments