Storybook Favorites

Happily Every After? A Prince's Perspective:
I am a sucker for a good Disney story which is what drew me into this one. I liked that this story took a different approach to the classic "happily every after" tale.
The title was a great indicator as to what the story was going to tell. I also thought the introduction did a great job giving a back story as to what was going to happen in the actual story. I felt the design aspect of the page was a little boring for my taste and could have used a for more pictures or colors. The only main color on there was blue and that can get tiresome.
However, I felt the layout of the page was nice and easy to use. I would have made the side bar font a little bigger. Other than that I liked how simple and easy the layout was and gives me a good lead for my own story.

The Adventures of Alice and Dorothy:
I was intrigued by this story because I was very curious about the whole mash up idea between two very well known stories.
I think both the title and the introduction gave a good indicator as to what the story would be about. I liked that in the introduction the author gave a brief back story on both Dorothy and Alice in case a reader was unfamiliar with either of the stories. It was short and to the point as to not give any away from the story to come.
While the background was plain white with black text, I think they did a great job with their graphics. The header picture was very cool on each page. Also, each page had at least one additional graphic. The layout was also very simple and easy to follow. I believe I like this layout the best and it is definitely something to consider when making my own story.
I also like that they put all their picture information into a single box at the bottom of the page so it did not distract from the picture itself.

Tales of Gothic Creatures:
I am usually not into scary or spooky stories but wanted to look at something very different from the previous two stories I looked at. I am very glad I decided to look at this particular story because I loved the whole idea behind it.
When you first enter onto the page you just get that spooky feeling and have to click a button that says "enter the graveyard" to go to the introduction page. They continued on the overall theme very well. The pictures were very appropriate for the setting and so was the black background. The introduction was very well done and easily made me intrigued and want to read more. I think that is very important for an introduction to do.
While the layout of the site was not great and a little more challenging to use, I was still pleased with the overall look of the page. This would not be the route I would choose for a story but I thought they did it very well.

Personal Photo: Me and Lola, March 2018.

-I chose this particular photo because I may want to write my story about Lola the Rescue Dog. 



Comments